COLD SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH MANGO
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- 8 oz soba noodles, cooked according to instructions then rinsed with cold water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh ripe mango, cubed
- ¾ cup cucumber, sliced in thin rounds (I used Persian cucumber)
- ½ cup daikon radish, cut in thin half-moons (I used purple daikon)
- Fresh mint
- Fresh Thai basil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted cashews, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons toasted black sesame seeds, to garnish
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or any other light tasting oil you like to use)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or any other spicy sauce you like to use)
- 1 ½ teaspoons mirin
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- ½ teaspoon finishing salt
- Juice from half a small lime
- Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package then drain and rinse with cold water. In a medium mixing bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prep all other salad ingredients then add to bowl with noodles.
- Toss salad with dressing. Garnish with toasted cashews and black sesame seeds.