Sweet and Tangy Pickled Mangos
For Sweet and Tangy Pickled Mangos:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 3 unripe mangos
For Spicy Pickled Mangos:
(note, quantities to taste based on your preferences)
- Mango pieces cut 1”x 1/4” strips or 1/2’ cubes
- Fresh dill stems and sprigs
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Garlic Minced
- Dried Dill
- Tri Colored peppercorns
- Coriander ground
- Red Pepper Flakes
serves Yields 2 Jars.
- Cut bottom of mango to balance on cutting board. Peel skin off of mango with vegetable peeler. Slice mango close to seed on each side. Cut mango into slices.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Place mango slices in a clean quart-size glass jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture over mango slices and refrigerate.
- Seal with lid, and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours before serving.
Recipe submitted by Jeanette Jenkins, The Hollywood Trainer