Spiralized Green Mango Noodle Salad
- 9 green* (under ripe) small** mangos, washed and spiralized
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh key lime juice, strained
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, very lightly chopped or torn, just before service
- 1/3 cup Kale Pesto, recipe follows
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Tajin, for garnish
- 1 cup packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted walnuts***
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
*Recommended mango ripeness stage 2 to 3, firm to the touch
**Spiralizer works best with smaller mangos; use the spiralizer to peel the mango
***Double walnuts and omit cheese to make this a vegan dish
- To spiralize green mangos: Use an apple slicer or attachment for KitchenAid. Because mangos have seeds, set up to peel up and down the length of the mango. When using a table top apple slicer, remove the slicing insert and it will continually “peel” the outside if you continue to start and stop. Spiralize green mangos up to 3 hours in advance of service to maintain quality of the noodle.
- Mix together honey, key lime juice, sesame seeds, mint leaves, and Kale Pesto. Season with salt.
- Just before serving, gently toss spiralized green mango noodles with kale mixture. Garnish with Tajin.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until nearly smooth, with some particulates.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dave Woolley