To assemble each parfait, layer from the bottom up: 1 oz Mango Compote, 2 oz Mango Labneh, ½ oz Dragon Fruit Glaze and ½ oz. Mango Caramel Popcorn
Mango Caramel Popcorn:
- Puree mango in blender; strain if necessary to remove any fibers. In a large stockpot add mango puree, sugar, brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Allow mixture to come to a boil slowly. As soon as it boils, cook and stir constantly for approximately 10 minutes to thicken mixture slightly.
- Stir in baking soda and salt in a vigorous stirring motion. Mixture will foam slightly in reaction. Keep stirring to smooth out caramel. Take off heat and cool mango caramel until warm enough to handle.
- Add popcorn to a stainless steel bowl and working in batches, coat the popcorn with the mango caramel. Use gloved hands or paddle to gently coat the popcorn. Popcorn will lose some volume here.
- Lay popcorn out in an even layer on full sheet pans. Bake caramel onto the popcorn until it becomes crispy again, about 45 minutes at 325°F. Turn pans halfway through baking.
- Store uncovered to minimize softening. Mango Caramel Popcorn can be made one day ahead.
- Place mango in blender and pulse to make chunky puree. Add mango puree, sugar, and water to a large heavy pot and let mixture come to a boil. Once it is boiling, stir and cook for 10 minutes until sugar has caramelized and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, butter, and vanilla bean extract. Let cool completely. Keep chilled until ready to assemble parfaits.
Dragon Fruit Glaze:
- Combine dragon fruit, sugar and lime in a pot and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens just enough to coat a spoon. Cool completely before using.
- Gently fold diced fresh mango into labneh. Hold, refrigerated up to one day.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dave Woolley