Bavette Steak Yucca Mango Chimichurri
- 1 pound yucca, peeled and cut into 16 4x1-inch sticks
- 1 pound bavette steak, cut into four portions
- 1 cup ripe mango, ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, ¼-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mango puree (squeeze excess flesh off of seed)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces peeled shallot, minced
- 1 ounce garlic, minced
- 4 each Fresno peppers, blistered and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo, seeded and minced
- 2-½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ cup sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
Mango ChimichurriCombine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate until service.
Chipotle VinaigretteCombine all ingredients except oil; whisk in oils until emulsified. Cover and refrigerate until service.
Coffee RubCombine all ingredients. Cover and set aside.
YuccaPlace yucca sticks in a pot of simmering salted water and cook until soft, approximately 25 minutes. Remove and place in strainer to dry. Just before service, heat oil in fryer to 350°F. and fry until golden brown. Drain and keep warm.
SteakRub each steak with Coffee Rub and season to taste with salt. Brush with oil and grilled to desired temperature. Allow steaks to rest a few minutes, and cut each steak into four slices.