Chile Mango Paletas
- 2 cups mango juice or nectar (Blend well and on high, 3 each peeled, seeded and chunked fresh mango; add ¼ cup water while pureeing. Strain puree though very fine meshed strainer to make homemade nectar, removing all the particulates.)
- ¼ cup agave
- 3 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 2 large mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes ¼ x ¼-inch
serves Makes 14 ice pops.
- Heat mango nectar, agave, lime juice, and 1⁄2 cup water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat and stir until almost a simmer. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir chile powder and cubed mango and divide among 14 ea. 30-oz. ice-pop molds. Pour chilled mango mixture into molds. Insert a stick into each mold and freeze until pops are solid, about 3 hours.
- If necessary, release ice pops from molds by runing the bottom of the molds briefly under cold water.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dave Woolley