Not a Mango Industry Member? Visit:
The Industry Relations Program is designed to enhance industry communication and preparedness to create a unified mango industry. Industry Relations outreach will help accentuate industry education initiatives around mango quality and food safety, communicate industry messages, maintain a reputation and crisis communication, promote sustainability efforts and encourage outreach to processing facilities.
Industry Outreach Webinar
The NMB held a webinar on December 10, 2014. This webinar outlined NMB program results including consumer, retail, and overall industry results as well as showcased consumer research studies that help drive the NMB programs. The webinar also highlighted a glimpse of what is to come for 2015 such as the NMB new strategic plan, new website, and new era.
Processed Mango Importer Webinar
The National Mango Board held a webinar that provided a comprehensive overview of the NMB and also excellent information for industry members that want to become part of the NMB and join our extensive quest to increase mango consumption in the U.S.
This Webinar is only available in English.
This project is designed to enhance communication between NMB staff and mango industry providing an opportunity to showcase tools and resources to better support the needs of mango industry members. The meetings also help the NMB staff build rapport and develop relationships with members of the mango industry.
- Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico – May 6 & 7, 2015
- Mexico, South – May 21 & 22, 2015
- Guayaquil, Ecuador – July 9, 2015
- Juazeiro, Brazil – July 22 & 23, 2015
- Mexico, Central North – August 6 & 7, 2015
- Piura, Peru – September 30 & October 1, 2015
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti – October 14, 2015
- Guatemala – December 9 & 10, 2015
- Long Beach, CA – March 26, 2015
- McAllen, TX – April 23, 2015
- Philadelphia, PA – June 4, 2014
- Nogales, AZ – June 25, 2015
- Miami Mango Festival – July 11 & 12, 2015
- Pompano Beach, FL – August 13, 2015
- Atlanta, GA (PMA) – October 23-25, 2015
Outreach Efforts at Trade Shows
- Southeast Produce Conference, Orlando, FL - February 28, 2015
- United Fresh, Chicago, IL - June 8-15, 2015
- New England Produce Council, Cape Cod, MA - September 17, 2015
- PMA: Fresh Summit, Atlanta, GA - October 23-25, 2015
- New York Produce Show & Conference, New York, NY - December 2, 2015
Get the schedule for the Producer Extension Workshops and find out how you can get involved.
Check the Events Calendar for news about the upcoming industry outreach meetings and industry events. In between meetings, the best way to keep up with news from the NMB is by signing up for the Mango Connection and watching our news page.
Crisis Communication Training
This project includes media training for the Crisis Readiness Team. The team includes: NMB Chair, NMB Vice-Chair, NMB Ex-Officio, Marketing Committee Chair, Research Committee Chair, Industry Relations Committee Chair, Executive Director, Director of Marketing, Director of Research and the Director of Industry Relations.
Update Crisis Communication Plan
This project updates our crisis communications plan which was developed in 2008. Meanwhile, the NMB has created a comprehensive Issues and Crisis Response Guide that outlines the process we will follow in response to a developing crisis or issue. The plan is intended to help the mango industry respond to a crisis in the most efficient and effective manner in order to protect consumer health. The plan includes industry resources as well as credible third-party information to aid the mango industry in its response. You can download a copy of the 2014 Issues and Crisis Response Guide. This guide can also be a great foundation for creating your own issues and crisis response guide for your company. Please be patient as the document is large and may take several minutes to open, depending on your connection speed.
The NMB also put together a list of resources for the mango industry to utilize in case of a recall. This list provides information on what to expect from health agencies and what resources are available to assist your company if you execute a recall. Click here to download the National Mango Board Recall Resource.