Not a Mango Industry Member? Go to Mango.org for:
Consumer PR & Marketing is a long-term investment designed to drive awareness of mangos and educate consumers about mangos, including how to choose, cut and use this versatile fruit. Vehicles include print media, broadcast media, influencers and online exposure.
Nutritionists are important influencers who add credibility and help spread our mango nutrition messages.
- The NMB will work with a Mango RD Network (three media-trained registered dietitians) to help spread mango nutrition messages across the country on television, radio, print and online. These media RDs will be selected in major markets to serve as NMB nutrition ambassadors.
- The NMB will expand current and existing mango nutrition messages through the development of new health and nutrition messages. These messages will align with applicable current trends covered in health and nutrition media.
- Nutrition Research News Bureau: The NMB will support the nutrition conference presentation of two NMB nutrition research studies. Outreach could include a press release, EurekAlert! and an Audio News Release (ANR) distributed via Radio Health Journal (RHJ).
- The NMB will sponsor and attend the Produce for Better Health Annual Conference, as well as participate in two Produce for Better Health Foundation Half Your Plate Initiative Sponsorships.
To introduce the Mangover concept, NMB will create a launch event in New York City, a hub for prominent national media, major syndicated programs and popular weekly magazines. Hosted by our celebrity spokesperson, the launch will bring to life the Mangover concept and demonstrate how easy and fun it can be for families to enjoy mangos. Celebrity media opportunities combined with simple messages will establish mango at the intersection of excitement and everyday life.
- Mangover Activation in New York City: Create an inviting, interactive event with a tropical feel.
- New York City Media Outreach: Deliver mangos and materials to long-lead and short-lead media, especially broadcast, to encourage coverage and attendance for the Mangover Launch.
- Host a satellite and internet media tour (SIMT) with the celebrity spokesperson on site at the Mangover location.
- Mangover Facebook Fan Drive/Engagement: Support launch with Facebook acitivity to engage consumers to participate mango recipe contests and promote Mangover concept.
- Ongoing proactive/reactive Mangover pitching to long-lead and short-lead media. These outreach efforts capitalize on current events and trends as they happen, ensuring mango messages are part of highly newsworthy stories.
- National Media Deliveries to long-lead and short-lead media to inspire ways they can Mangover familiar foods.
- Mat Release - Mangovers Made Simple: Distribute with “Mangovers Made Simple” ideas featuring simple ways mangos can make dishes more flavorful.
- Social Media Outreach and Engagement: Develop and share graphics/content that supports the Mangover concept on NMB social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube, as well as Mango.org.
Mangover Your Season
Inviting consumers to “Mangover their season” is a way to pair mangos with iconic foods celebrated during certain times of year as well as major holidays that represent each season. Mango’s role in these seasonal celebrations is to add interest to traditional foods.
- BlogHer Food: Create a presence at BlogHer Food by hosting a popular offsite event for prominent food bloggers.
- National Media Deliveries – Seasonal Pairings: Long- and short-lead media outlets will receive materials and creative inspiration for ways to Mangover seasonal favorites.
- Ongoing Mangover Your Season Pitching
- Recipe Development and Photography: Create seasonal dishes and photography that best represent how mangos pair with seasonal favorites year-round.
- Mangover Mamas – Blogger Ambassador Program: Work with influential mom bloggers to promote Mangovers as a way to highlight mango pairings, snacks and recipes for kids and special family occasions.
- Holiday Twitter Party: Host Twitter party with influential parenting and food bloggers to highlight seasonal recipes, mango pairings and tips regarding how to use mangos for holiday favorites.
- Social Media Outreach and Engagement: Develop and share graphics/content that supports the Mangover Your Season concept on NMB social media channels.
- Mangover Launch Activities: Host of Mangover Launch event and SIMT.
- Mangover Your Season Media Activities: Pitch high-profile media outlets in NYC, including broadcast and print to promote the Mangover Your Season concept and build overall interest in and awareness of the Mangover concept.
- Mangover Facebook Contest Winner Media Activities: The celebrity spokesperson will conduct a Mangover for the Facebook recipe contest winner.