Not a Consumer? Go to Mango.org for:
Let's Mango Blog
Post by Month
Celebrations with Tropical Flair
Between engagement parties, baby and bridal showers, brunches with new family and friends, there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate this summer. Why not bring a taste of the tropics to your celebrations with mangos?
Each of these elegantly simple recipes is inspired by the color, texture and sweet, slightly exotic flavors of mangos – and you won’t need to hire a caterer to pull it off.
- Goat Cheese, Bacon and Mango Crostini
- Roasted Shrimp and Mango Salad
- Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Mango Buttercream
It’s easy to create these Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Mango Buttercream. With a few simple tricks, they will appear as though you selected them from a professional bakery. Just follow these simple steps from kitchen pros:
- Use a large, star-burst piping tip in a pastry bag or large zip top bag.
- Set the bag over a tall glass or measuring cup and fold the bag edges into a cuff over the rim of the glass.
- Scoop frosting into the bag using a rubber spatula. Fill it about two-thirds full.
- Take the bag out of the glass and twist the top closed.
- Hold the bag just barely above the top of the cupcake at a 90 degree angle.
- Squeeze the bag to pipe a spiral of icing, starting at the outer edge and working inward.
- Stop squeezing and pull the tip straight up.
Visit www.culinary.net to get more hosting ideas and helpful entertaining tips.
Remember that when choosing mangos, don’t focus on color. Instead, gently squeeze. A ripe mango will be slightly soft to the touch, similar to a ripe peach or avocado. To get more fresh recipe ideas for summer celebrations – and everyday occasions – be sure to check out our other recipes. The taste takes you there!