We do not recommend dogs, or anyone, eat a mango whole. Check out our cutting tips to enjoy the tasty flesh inside. Photo from mybonesandbiscuits.com.
This week, we’re crushin’ on mangos, because they’re great for the whole family. And when we say whole family, we mean it. In fact, one of our favorite chefs, Tim Zintz, created a mango recipe just for dogs! It’s perfect for special occasions like doggy birthday parties, or just an everyday treat for your favorite furry friend. You can whip it up in a few minutes and freeze overnight. Your pups are sure to love it!
- 2 cups fresh mango (pureed)
- 1 cup coconut water or milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Peel, seed and dice mango. Add to blender and puree until smooth.
- Add coconut water/milk and honey to blender and pureed mango. Blend well.
- Pour into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap or bag to avoid spillage. If you’re using hard plastic ice cube trays, you’re safe from most spillage. But if you’re like me and used silicone bone molds, you’ll need something flat to lay them on. If you don’t, you’re looking at a sticky mess on your floors and freezer. Before you pour, put the silicone mold on something flat that you can move to your freezer, like a cutting tray or a piece of cardboard. Instead of lifting and placing just the flexible silicone mold, you can pick up the stable surface area instead.
- Freeze overnight.
- To remove from tray, let sit on counter for a few minutes to loosen frozen treat. Twist tray to remove treat from mold.