2017 was a great year for the National Mango Board. Here are some of the highlights of the 2017 Programs.
NMB won the 2017 Produce Business Marketing Excellence Award for ‘Mangos As A Cultural Icon’ for the 9th consecutive year.
Consumer PR & media exceeded goal and achieved 3.0 billion impressions (vs 2.8 billion goal)
- Most successful celebrity partnership in NMB history – Ayesha Curry
- Extended the reach of strong mango stories using paid amplification
- Introduced new step-by-step recipe videos
Food Service: First fresh mango menu promotion with a QSR brand – Wendy’s
- Food Service PR met its goal of 10 million impressions
- Ripe and Ready to Eat Mango Program drew new partners
- Expanded partnership with Tajin was a huge success
- Retail RD Challenge gained momentum in year two
- 3 million impressions surpassing our goal of 13 million
- Trade advertising continued to track upwards: NMB click through average is 1.01% vs the industry standard of .06%
- Mango Connection and Mango Mover newsletters open rates and click through rates are above industry standards